Welcome to SEDS!
Hi all! I have created a working directory of all the pages we are focusing on writing up for the beginning of the school year (Target finish date of August 23rd!). I have also created a short YouTube video for us to go over the basic of editing the wiki pages on here (it is at the bottom of this page). I have just finished up filling in each page with section ideas on what should be included. I have also added the name of the person responsible for the building of the page, as it is all of us that will make this wiki useful for everyone throughout the USA.
UPDATE 1 - 8/28/10: The wiki is coming along, but we are squaring away getting the work everyone has been doing onto the wiki and formatted correctly. There will be a huge push coming over the next week (or two) to identify new pages we want, eliminate ones that have not come to fruition, and connect with other SEDS leaders around the country on what input would be valuable to the pages. Cheers all!
All of us have knowledge that is a commodity to others. Sharing that unique knowledge allows our fellow SEDS family to grow our ideas and work closer to the stars.
-Charlie Nitschelm, 09/2019
This SEDS USA Wiki is basically all information made specifically for YOU! Yes, you, who might be a student that might have heard about a SEDS chapter at their university and wanted to learn more, or a new recruit that is trying to undergo one of the hardest tasks, starting a chapter. This was made for you, and honestly, by you. Everything you see done on this Wiki has been written by students for students. If you have any ideas on how to improve this Wiki, we need to hear from you! Please click SEDS Form to have your ideas heard and incorporated into our Wiki. It takes a lot of work to get information transitioned from generation to generation, but it is a necessity for continuous improvement of SEDS USA and the individual chapters.
Here is the link for the Responsible Writers for live tracking: Tracking Sheet
- What is SEDS USA?
- The Board & Staff
- How to run for a SEDS USA Position
- The Council of Chapters Responsible: Gautham Viswaroopan
- Spacevision Conference
- Starting a SEDS Chapter
- Recommended Team Software & Tools
- Financing Your Chapter Responsible: Matthew
- Marketing Your Chapter Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Keeping your Chapter Sustainable
- Working the Non-Profit Status
Outreach & Events
- Outreach Ideas - K-12
- Chapter Activities & Bonding Responsible: Obinna Anyadiegwu
- Branding and Merchandise
- Safety First Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Research Projects & Competitions Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Engineering Project Management Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Rocketry: Getting Started Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Rocketry: Off-The-Shelf Solids Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Rocketry: Solids Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Rocketry: Hybrids Responsible: Thomas Collins
- Rocketry: Liquids Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Designing CubeSats Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Building CubeSats Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Weather Balloons Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Rovers Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Quadcopters Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
- Contact Student Experts Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
For help as we develop this page
BELOW IS THE LINK TO THE WIKI BASIC OVERVIEW AND TUTORIAL FOR EDITERS SEDS Wiki Overview
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.