Welcome to SEDS!
Beta Version Help!
Hi SEDS Fam! You are probably here on the site to check out what this Wiki is all about?! Well feel free to scroll around the pages, take it in, and let us know if there are things that are missing that you think can help the common SEDS student or leader. Please fill out THIS form to input your advice and we will look at it and contact you!
We are looking for:
- Suggestions on the current content (additions or edits)
- Ideas of other pages that should be on the wiki (and maybe who should write it?)
- If you are a good candidate for making/writing a page for this wiki (if you are an 'expert' in a certain page or area)
Thanks all, and don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have ANY questions!
All of us have knowledge that is a commodity to others. Sharing allows our fellow SEDS family to grow our ideas and work closer to the stars.
-Dan Hirst, 09/2019
This SEDS USA Wiki is basically all information made specifically for YOU! Yes, you, who might be a student that might have heard about a SEDS chapter at their university and wanted to learn more, or a new recruit that is trying to undergo one of the hardest tasks, starting a chapter. This was made for you, and honestly, by you. Everything you see done on this Wiki has been written by students for students. If you have any ideas on how to improve this Wiki, we need to hear from you! Please click SEDS Form to have your ideas heard and incorporated into our Wiki. It takes a lot of work to get information transitioned from generation to generation, but it is a necessity for continuous improvement of SEDS USA and the individual chapters.
Here is the link for the Responsible Writers for live tracking: Tracking Sheet
- What is SEDS USA?
- The Board & Staff
- How to run for a SEDS USA Position
- The Council of Chapters
- Spacevision Conference
- Starting a SEDS Chapter
- Recommended Team Software & Tools
- Financing Your Chapter
- Marketing Your Chapter
- Keeping your Chapter Sustainable
- Working the Non-Profit Status
Outreach & Events
- Research Projects & Competitions Responsible: Michael Thompson - Purdue
- Engineering Project Management
- Rocketry: Getting Started Responsible: Thomas Collins - UNH
- Rocketry: Off-The-Shelf Solids Responsible: Trevor Elliott - UTC
- Rocketry: Solids Responsible: Virginia Tech and Purdue
- Rocketry: Hybrids Responsible: Purdue and UNH
- Rocketry: Liquids Responsible: UCSD and Purdue
- Designing CubeSats Responsible: UB
- Building CubeSats Responsible: TBD
- Weather Balloons Responsible: Standford
- Rovers Responsible: TBD
- Quadcopters Responsible: UNH
- Contact Student Experts Responsible: Charlie Nitschelm
For help as we develop this page
BELOW IS THE LINK TO THE WIKI BASIC OVERVIEW AND TUTORIAL FOR EDITERS SEDS Wiki Overview
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.